How does an employee get their income tax number?

Previously employed

If you were previously employed, you may already have a tax number.

You can check by calling the LHDN (Inland Revenue Board) - please have your IC or passport number ready.

  • 03-8911 1000 (Local number)
  • 03-8911 1100 (Overseas number)

Not registered

If you do not have an income tax number yet, please register for one either by:

  • Filling in the Online (e-Daftar) which is accessible from MyTax by selecting Individual as Type of Taxpayer, or
  • Applying at the nearest LHDN office.

Read more about:

Let our payroll software calculate all your contributions. Book a demo.

Was this article helpful?

Download The Free Guide