What happens if an employer overpays or underpays EPF contributions?


You can claim a refund for up two years from the date of contribution.

To claim a refund, prepare:

  1. Form 14

  2. An explanation letter, containing details of the mistake (example: incorrectly claimed travel allowance)

  3. Copy of IC

  4. Copy of the Form A (with the incorrect contribution) or your company's EPF monthly statement (from the month the incorrect contribution was made).

Submit the documents to any EPF counter.


  1. Log in to i-Akaun (if you don't have an i-Akaun see here).

  2. Fill out Form A stating the month for which you want to make to the adjustment payment.

  3. Print out the Form A and submit it along with payment at an EPF counter - unlike monthly payments, adjustment payments cannot be made at banks.

Was this article helpful?

Download The Free Guide