How does an employee get their income tax number?

Previously employed

If you were previously employed, you may already have a tax number.

You can check by calling the LHDN (Inland Revenue Board) - please have your IC or passport number ready.

  • 03-8911 1000 (Local number)
  • +603-7713 6666 (Overseas number)

Not registered

If you do not have an income tax number yet, please register for one either by:

  • Filling in the e-Daftar form online, or
  • Completing form CP22 and submitting the hardcopy to the LHDN office branch where the employee is exercising their employment.

Was this article helpful?

Download The Free Guide